Re: Propose to Use madvise API on Runtime Loader

On Fri, May 23, 2014 at 12:21:33PM +0800, lin zuojian wrote:
>     A cplusplus program usually contain many virtual tables. Their
>     contents require relocation.So the .rel.dyn is a huge section.They
>     are just needed when relocation. After that their useless. So
>     dropping these content makes sense.

I'm aware of this, but is it dropped or not? First you claimed the
resident memory drops from the madvise call, but then you claimed it
doesn't drop from the page cache. I think you need to explain this
more clearly if there's going to be a discussion of the merits of your
proposal.

Rich