This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] Fix race between sem_post and semaphore destruction [BZ #12674]
- From: Siddhesh Poyarekar <siddhesh dot poyarekar at gmail dot com>
- To: Rich Felker <dalias at libc dot org>
- Cc: Siddhesh Poyarekar <siddhesh at redhat dot com>, GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>, carlos at redhat dot com, triegel at redhat dot com
- Date: Thu, 22 May 2014 08:08:37 +0530
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Fix race between sem_post and semaphore destruction [BZ #12674]
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20140521110711 dot GA3598 at spoyarek dot pnq dot redhat dot com> <20140521224314 dot GD507 at brightrain dot aerifal dot cx> <CAAHN_R2b8iVDJgxB3tnerwXn3zgMOG-3WGM2PFGdybNz-=3QXA at mail dot gmail dot com> <20140522021106 dot GE507 at brightrain dot aerifal dot cx>
On 22 May 2014 07:41, Rich Felker <email@example.com> wrote:
> BTW the other confusing case I seem to remember is that waiters can
> decrement without the semaphore value decrementing, as a result of
> EINTR or ETIMEDOUT. This *might* have an impact on the logic but I
> don't see right off how it would, and it's been a while since I put
> much thought into it.
I think resetting the value to 0 when there are no waiters covers
this, since that would only have an impact when nwaiters is 0 and the
semaphore value stayed as -1.