This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH 3/6] aarch64: Tidy syscall error check
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at twiddle dot net>
- To: Will Newton <will dot newton at linaro dot org>
- Cc: libc-alpha <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>, Marcus Shawcroft <marcus dot shawcroft at gmail dot com>, Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- Date: Wed, 21 May 2014 08:04:56 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 3/6] aarch64: Tidy syscall error check
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1400619378-7262-1-git-send-email-rth at twiddle dot net> <1400619378-7262-4-git-send-email-rth at twiddle dot net> <CANu=DmiSohSvtxJiUY72vYKuO+g=nMSd0QzVYsZU6K6ds4ueGQ at mail dot gmail dot com>
On 05/21/2014 01:28 AM, Will Newton wrote:
> On 20 May 2014 21:56, Richard Henderson <email@example.com> wrote:
>> From: Richard Henderson <firstname.lastname@example.org>
>> Move the error branch from the PSEUDO_RET macro to the PSEUDO macro.
>> This is in line with other architectures, and will enable further improvments.
>> * sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/aarch64/nptl/sysdep-cancel.h (PSEUDO):
>> Branch to .Lsyscall_error on error. Do not call DOARGS/UNDOARGS.
> It's not clear to me why the DOARGS/UNDOARGS change is part of this
> patch. Could you elaborate?
Oops, incomplete splitting of the patches.
(1) If they did something, their placement is buggy, as they're not properly
nested around the DO_CALL. But...
(2) They do nothing on aarch64, since all parameters are already in registers.
So why should we pretend to invoke them?