This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] Fix strtold on 32-bit sparc (and probably others) (BZ #16965)
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Aurelien Jarno <aurelien at aurel32 dot net>
- Cc: <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>, David Miller <davem at davemloft dot net>
- Date: Tue, 20 May 2014 14:34:14 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Fix strtold on 32-bit sparc (and probably others) (BZ #16965)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1400593238-10317-1-git-send-email-aurelien at aurel32 dot net>
On Tue, 20 May 2014, Aurelien Jarno wrote:
> This patch fixes an issue observed running the tst-strtod-round test on
> 32 bit sparc. In some conditions, strtold calls round_and_return, which in
> turn calls __mpn_rshift with cnt = 0, while stdlib/rshift.c explicitly says
> that cnts should satisfy 0 < CNT < BITS_PER_MP_LIMB. In this case, the code
> end up doing a logical shift right of the same amount than the register,
> which is undefined in the C standard.
OK (presuming you at least ran the stdlib tests on 32-bit sparc, and that
you include the usual NEWS update and bug closing when committing).
Joseph S. Myers