This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
RE: FW: [PATCH 2/2] ARM: Improve fenv implementation
- From: "Wilco" <wdijkstr at arm dot com>
- To: "'Joseph Myers'" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: "'Marcus Shawcroft'" <marcus dot shawcroft at gmail dot com>, <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 19 May 2014 18:05:28 +0100
- Subject: RE: FW: [PATCH 2/2] ARM: Improve fenv implementation
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <000801cf6ad1$64fd3a60$2ef7af20$ at com> <Pine dot LNX dot 4 dot 64 dot 1405181411410 dot 4608 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk>
> Joseph Myers wrote:
> This breaks the build when VFP isn't enabled at compile-time, because then
> the libc_* functions aren't defined. You need to have the <fenv.h>
> functions conditionally call libc_* functions that always use VFP (and are
> always defined), while those VFP-using functions are only conditionally
> used within the rest of libm. I.e., I think the __SOFTFP__ conditionals
> in fenv_private.h should only control the definitions of libc_* to use
> libc_*_vfp, not the definitions of the libc_*_vfp inlines.
You're right, it wouldn't build properly. I'll move the #ifndef __SOFTFP__
to go just before the defines and add the reverted patch to my outstanding
Any chance we can obsolete softfp only builds any time soon? I can't
remember when the last non-VFP ARM was made, but it must have been at
least a decade ago... Are those NetWinder boards still working/in use?