This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [COMMITTED PATCH] Consolidate not-cancel.h files.
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Roland McGrath <roland at hack dot frob dot com>
- Cc: "GNU C. Library" <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 14 May 2014 21:04:14 +0000
- Subject: Re: [COMMITTED PATCH] Consolidate not-cancel.h files.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20140514180923 dot D0EBB2C39C7 at topped-with-meat dot com>
On Wed, 14 May 2014, Roland McGrath wrote:
> There are in fact only two versions of not-cancel.h actually in use: the
> sysdeps/generic one for non-Linux, and the NPTL one living in
> nptl/sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/i386/. The diff looks nontrivial only because
> moving nptl/sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/i386/not-cancel.h verbatim to
> sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/ clobbered the unused file that was there before.
I don't believe that file was unused; plenty of architectures didn't have
their own not-cancel.h files and so used the sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/ one.
It may well be that the differences were *unnecessary*; I haven't thought
what what this file should optimally look like.
Joseph S. Myers