This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH 1/2 roland/nptl] ARM: Consolidate NPTL/non versions of vfork
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Roland McGrath <roland at hack dot frob dot com>
- Cc: "GNU C. Library" <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 14 May 2014 16:57:27 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 1/2 roland/nptl] ARM: Consolidate NPTL/non versions of vfork
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20140513221939 dot A63F52C39B4 at topped-with-meat dot com> <Pine dot LNX dot 4 dot 64 dot 1405132258250 dot 30034 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk> <20140514164727 dot 580952C39C7 at topped-with-meat dot com>
On Wed, 14 May 2014, Roland McGrath wrote:
> > ARM supports IFUNCs, but lots of architectures don't; you need something
> > that will work when the architecture-specific dynamic linker support for
> > IFUNCs isn't present in glibc (or does this somehow not need that
> > support)?
> There is no particular reason to address this before a machine without
> IFUNC support gets the cleanups to start using pt-vfork.c. But here's a
> version of the ARM patch that preemptively handles the case.
Thanks, this ARM patch is OK.
Joseph S. Myers