This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH roland/getpid] Simplify getpid handling of the race case.
- From: Rich Felker <dalias at libc dot org>
- To: Roland McGrath <roland at hack dot frob dot com>
- Cc: "GNU C. Library" <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 14 May 2014 09:52:49 -0400
- Subject: Re: [PATCH roland/getpid] Simplify getpid handling of the race case.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20140509222324 dot 795042C3A01 at topped-with-meat dot com> <20140510001249 dot GM26358 at brightrain dot aerifal dot cx> <20140513173914 dot 25BA02C3A36 at topped-with-meat dot com>
On Tue, May 13, 2014 at 10:39:14AM -0700, Roland McGrath wrote:
> > I think there are several open race-condition bugs that amount to the
> > pid caching glibc does being invalid in certain corner cases. Would
> > you review them as part of looking at this issue?
> I'm only talking about what I'm talking about, which does not include any
> known bugs. If you know of any bugs, then file bugzilla reports for them
> and elaborate on the precise details.
There are at least a couple with open bug reports that seem to be
related to this issue: 12889 and 15368.