This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] fix nl_langinfo with static linking
- From: OndÅej BÃlka <neleai at seznam dot cz>
- To: Aurelien Jarno <aurelien at aurel32 dot net>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 13 May 2014 22:12:28 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] fix nl_langinfo with static linking
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1399385072-5600-1-git-send-email-aurelien at aurel32 dot net>
On Tue, May 06, 2014 at 04:04:32PM +0200, Aurelien Jarno wrote:
> For static linking the locale code avoids linking code and data for
> unused categories. However for nl_langinfo we know only at runtime which
> categories are used, so direct reference to every nl_current_CATEGORY
> symbol should be done.
> This was broken by commit bc3e1c127392da88d0c8bf2ae728147982a3d1bc where
> nl_langinfo_l and nl_langinfo have been merged and some code has been
> lost in the process.
> In order to detect locales issues with static linking, compile a version
> of tst-langinfo with static linking.
> Note: this is Debian bug#747103 reported by Raphael <email@example.com>
Partialy reverts a commit bc3e1c127392da88d0c8bf2ae728147982a3d1bc,
looks ok for me.