This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] Return EAI_AGAIN for AF_UNSPEC when herrno is TRY_AGAIN (BZ #16849)
- From: OndÅej BÃlka <neleai at seznam dot cz>
- To: Siddhesh Poyarekar <siddhesh at redhat dot com>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 12 May 2014 21:13:29 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Return EAI_AGAIN for AF_UNSPEC when herrno is TRY_AGAIN (BZ #16849)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20140416140823 dot GA30967 at spoyarek dot pnq dot redhat dot com>
On Wed, Apr 16, 2014 at 07:38:24PM +0530, Siddhesh Poyarekar wrote:
> getaddrinfo correctly returns EAI_AGAIN for AF_INET and AF_INET6
> queries. For AF_UNSPEC however, an older change
> (a682a1bf553b1efe4dbb03207fece5b719cec482) broke the check and due to
> that the returned error was EAI_NONAME.
> This patch fixes the check so that a non-authoritative not-found is
> returned as EAI_AGAIN to the user instead of EAI_NONAME.
> Tested on x86_64.
looks ok for me