This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH][AARCH64] correct alignment of TLS_TCB_ALIGN
- From: Kyle McMartin <kmcmarti at redhat dot com>
- To: Andrew Pinski <pinskia at gmail dot com>
- Cc: GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 12 May 2014 14:27:51 -0400
- Subject: Re: [PATCH][AARCH64] correct alignment of TLS_TCB_ALIGN
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20140512174746 dot GE21081 at redacted dot bos dot redhat dot com> <CA+=Sn1kaB0AuovGx_-qSgNjqwRBMaFRAk3BLBmd_VrovmCtsSw at mail dot gmail dot com>
On Mon, May 12, 2014 at 11:27:03AM -0700, Andrew Pinski wrote:
> On Mon, May 12, 2014 at 10:47 AM, Kyle McMartin <email@example.com> wrote:
> > This fixes a variety of testsuite failures for me:
> > tststatic.out Error 1
> > tststatic2.out Error 1
> > tst-tls9-static.out Error 1
> > tst-audit8.out Error 127
> > tst-audit9.out Error 127
> > tst-audit1.out Error 127
> > and also has the added benefit of making LD_AUDIT/sotruss work on
> > AArch64.
> > Otherwise, we bail out early in _dl_try_allocate_static_tls as the
> > alignment requirement of the PT_TLS section in libc is 16.
> This is already https://sourceware.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=16796 .
> It is also the same patch which I had came up when I was working on
> ILP32 changes.
Sigh. That'd have been nice to have been submitted a month ago. What