This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
RE: [PATCH 2/2] ARM: Improve fenv implementation
- From: "Wilco" <wdijkstr at arm dot com>
- To: "'Joseph Myers'" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 7 May 2014 21:15:10 +0100
- Subject: RE: [PATCH 2/2] ARM: Improve fenv implementation
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <001201cf6074$104601d0$30d20570$ at com> <Pine dot LNX dot 4 dot 64 dot 1405062236460 dot 11331 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk>
> Joseph Myers wrote:
> On Fri, 25 Apr 2014, Wilco wrote:
> > The second patch improves the fenv implementation by using the inline
> > functions from fenv_private where possible rather than duplicating
> > functionality. The remaining functions are optimized in a similar way to
> > avoid unnecessary FPSCR writes (but no longer use __glibc_unlikely like
> > in the previous version).
> > OK for commit?
> OK, but I think further rearrangement in feupdateenv will end up being
> needed to fix bug 16918 (libc_feupdateenv_vfp returns void and doesn't
> test whether exception traps were successfully enabled, so the approach in
> your implementation is not well-suited to handling the FE_NOMASK_ENV case
> properly, although it matches the buggy handling in the existing code).
Alright, since I have some further fenv changes in flight, I'll have a go at
fixing that as well.