This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH, MIPS] Fix *_SUB instruction macros
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Steve Ellcey <sellcey at mips dot com>
- Cc: <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 7 May 2014 18:09:13 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH, MIPS] Fix *_SUB instruction macros
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <2a90dec6-6775-4804-a913-63afdb498242 at BAMAIL02 dot ba dot imgtec dot org>
On Wed, 7 May 2014, Steve Ellcey wrote:
> While doing some work in glibc, I noticed that some of the *_SUB instruction
> macros in sysdeps/mips/sys/asm.h are defined to do addition instructions
> instead of subtraction instructions. I don't know why this is but it seems
> obviously wrong and it is different then the definitions in the linux kernel
> which do define these as subtract instructions (arch/mips/include/asm/asm.h).
> This patch changes the macros to do sub instructions instead of add.
> OK to checkin?
OK, but please file a bug in Bugzilla first (and the use the [BZ #N]
notation in your ChangeLog entry, add the bug to the list of fixed bugs in
NEWS and close the bug after checking in the fix), since this was a
user-visible bug in releases.
Joseph S. Myers