This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH 2/2] ARM: Improve fenv implementation
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Wilco <wdijkstr at arm dot com>
- Cc: <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 6 May 2014 22:39:39 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 2/2] ARM: Improve fenv implementation
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <001201cf6074$104601d0$30d20570$ at com>
On Fri, 25 Apr 2014, Wilco wrote:
> The second patch improves the fenv implementation by using the inline
> functions from fenv_private where possible rather than duplicating
> functionality. The remaining functions are optimized in a similar way to
> avoid unnecessary FPSCR writes (but no longer use __glibc_unlikely like
> in the previous version).
> OK for commit?
OK, but I think further rearrangement in feupdateenv will end up being
needed to fix bug 16918 (libc_feupdateenv_vfp returns void and doesn't
test whether exception traps were successfully enabled, so the approach in
your implementation is not well-suited to handling the FE_NOMASK_ENV case
properly, although it matches the buggy handling in the existing code).
Joseph S. Myers