This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] ptsname_r: don't leak unitialized memory
- From: Aurelien Jarno <aurelien at aurel32 dot net>
- To: Roland McGrath <roland at hack dot frob dot com>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 5 May 2014 23:45:54 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] ptsname_r: don't leak unitialized memory
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1399294807-19817-1-git-send-email-aurelien at aurel32 dot net> <20140505193721 dot ADE1C2C39C0 at topped-with-meat dot com>
On Mon, May 05, 2014 at 12:37:21PM -0700, Roland McGrath wrote:
> Seems like something for which you could write a test case.
Indeed, we can at least test that the error value is the correct one.
Catching the use of uninitialized data in xstat64 looks more difficult.
I'll work on that and provide a new version of this patch including a
Aurelien Jarno GPG: 4096R/1DDD8C9B