This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
addition of az_IR or azb_IR locale
- From: Mousa Moradi <mousamk at gmail dot com>
- To: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 02 May 2014 16:14:23 +0430
- Subject: addition of az_IR or azb_IR locale
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
Dear libc maintainers,
I would like to request addition of South Azerbaijani language locale
(Azerbaijani language with Arabic script which is being used in Iran by
more than 15 million speakers). The original bug is issued here
(https://sourceware.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=14172) two years ago.
There is a debate whether the 2-letter code (az) is appropriate or
3-letter code (azb). Although I think the 2-letter code, together with
the country code (az_IR) implies the south Azerbaijani language and
suffices, but using azb_IR also is not incorrect. I have prepared both
locale files in the addressed bug report and you can add each one you
see more suitable.
Thanks so much in advance,