Re: Setting up patchwork on sourceware

Hi!

On Fri, 7 Mar 2014 01:16:36 +0530, Siddhesh Poyarekar <siddhesh@redhat.com> wrote:
> I spent some time trying to set up patchwork and after much mucking
> about, I finally have an instance up:
>
>   http://patchwork.siddhesh.in

Many thanks for being proactive about this!

> This is obviously not a fully functional instance; it was more of an
> experiment to see how hard it is to set up.  [...]

> Turns out, it's not very easy, but I think I have it figured out now.
> So how about doing this on Sourceware?  [...]

Not to disapprove your actions, but what about the suggestion in
<http://news.gmane.org/find-root.php?message_id=%3CCAMKF1sob%3D%2BSUacV_bZhuCW0yLWZfuyQYC2BeD98Ly4_xewj9%3Dw%40mail.gmail.com%3E>
to host this on <http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/>.  They have, for example,
also recently added patch tracking for uClibc,
<http://news.gmane.org/find-root.php?message_id=%3C76DD07CA-8F94-423E-BE4B-53029F289EA2%40gmail.com%3E>.

Benefits are: Ozlabs would do most of the administrative work ;-), as
patchwork is their own tool, <http://jk.ozlabs.org/projects/patchwork/>,
if using their patchwork instance, we'd be getting bug fixes applied
automatically, and several of us would already have an account set up for
their patchwork instance.  Assuming they are willing to host this for
glibc, would there still be any advantages in hosting it our own on the
sourceware.org system?

> But first, do we all agree about getting started with patchwork?

As little as I currently manage to contribute to glibc (or, because of
that?), I'd be willing to use this tool, and adapt my working habits as
required.  I think it's a reasonable step away from the current mailing
list-only approach towards some more comprehensive change review system.

GrÃÃe,
 Thomas