Re: ABI / dynamic list now on wiki

On Thu, 23 Jan 2014, Chris Metcalf wrote:

> > (and probably also
> > tilegx - in fact I don't see any BE support for that in GCC either).
>
> There is BE support for tilegx in binutils, gcc, linux, and glibc, and
> we do some limited regression testing on this configuration every night,
> so at least I know what we ship customers isn't too broken.  I'm pretty
> confident support should be in the open-source gcc, though I'm not that
> close to the community return process for gcc.

I see:

$ grep -i endian *
tilegx-c.c:  TILEGX_CPU_CPP_ENDIAN_BUILTINS ();
tilegx.h:#define TILEGX_CPU_CPP_ENDIAN_BUILTINS()       \
tilegx.h:      if (TARGET_BIG_ENDIAN)                   \
tilegx.h:       builtin_define ("__BIG_ENDIAN__");      \
tilegx.h:       builtin_define ("__LITTLE_ENDIAN__");   \
tilegx.h:#define TARGET_BIG_ENDIAN 0
tilegx.h:#define BITS_BIG_ENDIAN 0
tilegx.h:#define BYTES_BIG_ENDIAN TARGET_BIG_ENDIAN
tilegx.h:#define WORDS_BIG_ENDIAN TARGET_BIG_ENDIAN

That doesn't look to me like there's any way to enable big-endian - it
looks like hard-coded LE.  See my comments in the other thread about the
problems associated with hppa and Hurd not working properly with
unmodified glibc sources - similar issues apply to having configurations
not buildable with unmodified GCC sources.  It may not always be a bar to
including a configuration, but it does, at least, make it harder to have
build bots monitoring the status of all supported ABIs / configurations.

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com