ABI / dynamic list now on wiki

https://sourceware.org/glibc/wiki/ABIList

now lists what I think are the 64 incompatible (architecture, ABI)
combinations supported by glibc (soon to be 63 once we remove am33, but
will go up as new cases such as AArch64 ILP32 (2 ABIs), and MIPS o32
-mfp64 (4 ABIs), are added to glibc, as well as with new architectures).

I've chosen to list for every ABI whether it's hard or soft float, and
what endianness, but only to mention whether it's 32-bit or 64-bit in
cases of 64-bit architectures (but to do so whether or not both 32-bit and
64-bit ABIs are supported ... in the IA64 case, ILP32 exists but not with
Linux, and for HPPA, 64-bit exists but not for Linux userspace).

Would architecture maintainers please check the lists of ABIs for their
architectures?  Especially for alpha, hppa, classic m68k, s390 and sparc
(confirmation about non-use of soft-float configurations wanted) and for
microblaze (confirmation about hard- and soft-float ABIs being the same
and both endiannesses being in use wanted), but it's a good idea for other
architectures as well.

Could whoever maintains the list of Debian multiarch triplets
<https://wiki.debian.org/Multiarch/Tuples> please make sure they are
unambiguous regarding which ABI is referred to (when it's an ABI on this
list)?  (In particular, I note that the big-endian ARM entries there fail
to distinguish between BE8 and BE32, but those two require completely
separate sets of executables and shared libraries; only unlinked .o files
are compatible between the two big-endian variants.)  I'd also encourage
the maintainer of the Linaro list to link to the glibc wiki page.

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com