Re: Mark more libm tests with xfail-rounding:ldbl-128ibm

On 07-01-2014 20:44, Joseph S. Myers wrote:
> This patch marks more libm tests as expected to fail for ldbl-128ibm
> in non-default rounding modes.  Given this, my expm1l fix
> <https://sourceware.org/ml/libc-alpha/2014-01/msg00135.html> and my
> libgcc fix <http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2014-01/msg00157.html>
> for spurious overflows, the remaining failures in test-ldouble.out
> (for powerpc32 hard float) are small ulps, spurious underflow and
> inexact exceptions (the former probably arising from libgcc bugs
> though I haven't checked each case; the latter are barely meaningful
> for this format anyway when basic arithmetic isn't correctly rounding,
> though most of them are probably GCC bug 59412 which doesn't actually
> involve long double), missing underflow exceptions from clog, ctan and
> ctanh (probably one of the known bugs for another function), and logb
> in round-downward mode (bug 887, though it's really a GCC bug that
> we're not currently working around).
>
> Tested for powerpc32 hard float and committed.  Adhemerval, together
> with the two uncommitted patches I mention above this concludes the
> ldbl-128ibm changes I plan for 2.19 that may affect ulps (so it would
> be reasonable to truncate the hard-float libm-test-ulps and regenerate
> it from scratch).

Thanks Joseph, I've been using your libgcc patch for GLIBC builds and checks
and it seems ok. I am planning to take a look on the remaining ibm ldouble
issues I'm seeing on PPC64, but your cleanups fixed mostly of them (I'm seeing
just 71 remaining issues with my patch https://sourceware.org/ml/libc-alpha/2014-01/msg00136.html
applied).

I will regenerate and push the ulps for hard-float.