This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] Save fp registers on x64 function resolution.
- From: Alexandre Oliva <aoliva at redhat dot com>
- To: OndÅej BÃlka <neleai at seznam dot cz>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2013 17:56:01 -0300
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Save fp registers on x64 function resolution.
- References: <20130726091501 dot GA7231 at domone dot kolej dot mff dot cuni dot cz>
On Jul 26, 2013, OndÅej BÃlka <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> Hi, as having to manually save xmm registers causes many issues recently
> (memset issues, bug 15786...) this patch save xmm registers. If you
> accept it to 2.19 further cleanups will follow.
> We could also add register saving for other architectures.
We also need to save these registers in the .Lslow path of
sysdeps/x86_64/dl-tlsdesc.S's _dl_tlsdesc_dynamic, as well as in the two
other entry points that save and restore registers:
_dl_tlsdesc_resolve_rela and _dl_tlsdesc_resolve_hold. Would you please
fix those too, if we're changing dl-trampoline.S to this effect?
Alexandre Oliva, freedom fighter http://FSFLA.org/~lxoliva/
You must be the change you wish to see in the world. -- Gandhi
Be Free! -- http://FSFLA.org/ FSF Latin America board member
Free Software Evangelist Red Hat Brazil Compiler Engineer