This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] Faster strchr implementation.
- From: OndÅej BÃlka <neleai at seznam dot cz>
- To: Liubov Dmitrieva <liubov dot dmitrieva at gmail dot com>
- Cc: GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2013 14:13:15 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Faster strchr implementation.
- References: <20130807140911 dot GA31968 at domone dot kolej dot mff dot cuni dot cz> <CAHjhQ926EE-MYDJR5Eftf+DUefBg-Gox0pw57vZ7XUwsO3OPJg at mail dot gmail dot com> <20130808190716 dot GA4589 at domone dot kolej dot mff dot cuni dot cz> <CAHjhQ92+C6uXyrUhTd3OWuoa6v2SeUaKLBuqaNX5Sqtn4ANBdg at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAHjhQ90S-1uBhwV44KODTcQkr=0U-P+_9Pu0O=RbYYY9e82JCA at mail dot gmail dot com> <20130809164420 dot GB4972 at domone dot kolej dot mff dot cuni dot cz> <CAHjhQ92+D_VX1mXFj3jFJORN7LkzvVLLoM+0pHGUv1f8u0csVA at mail dot gmail dot com>
On Mon, Aug 12, 2013 at 02:48:28PM +0400, Liubov Dmitrieva wrote:
Not exactly error in makefile. One of my test runs makefile and profiler
caused error there. It completed correctly except that avx
implementation looks wrong.
These were caused by lack of data. I do not plot sizes with less
than 100 samples and I did not adjust test to provide enough samples.
This is to avoid peaks caused when there is few samples with outlier.
They could cause 90% of space be occupied by peak with only 10% left to
new guy cross-connected phone lines with ac power bus.