Re: Request for comments: reserving a value for O_SEARCH and O_EXEC

On Tue, Aug 06, 2013 at 11:23:16AM -0400, Rich Felker wrote:
> > For that we'd also want to move fexec(ve) into the kernel space.
>
> I agree this would be useful, but it's a separate issue.

I don't think it is.  The whole point of O_EXEC is to support fexecve.

Without moving it to kernel I can't see how you can make it strictly
conforming to this requirement in Posix that the file descriptor
must be valid for executing.

Fortunately enough the kernel implementation is trivial.