Re: requiring text format for patch attachments?

On 06/28/2013 07:27 AM, Chris Metcalf wrote:
> It does seem like with the rise of GUI MUAs it has become harder to reliably
> paste patches into emails.  I end up writing emails that include patches in
> a text editor and then running "sendmail -f < myemail", which frankly, isn't
> a great user experience. :-)   To be fair, I just checked Thunderbird, and
> my configuration does seem to use "text/" types for diff attachments, so
> perhaps I'll switch to using that going forward.  I did double-check the
> wiki contribution checklist to confirm it says "patches inline or as
> attachments", so from that point of view we seem to be OK.

I'm using git-send-email for almost all of my patches these days.

Given that you can put a

[sendemail]
        to = "libc-alpha@sourceware.org"

clause in the .git/config, I know that I'm sending the patches to
the right place if I do the send-email from within the repository
of the project.

r~