Re: Update on freeze status of glibc 2.18?

On 06/10/2013 10:19 PM, Siddhesh Poyarekar wrote:
> On 11 June 2013 04:44, Carlos O'Donell <carlos@redhat.com> wrote:
>> Siddhesh,
>>

> I'd like to get Eric Bigger's fix[1] for a libio regression in before
> the freeze.  I had reviewed it, but it was pending due to his
> copyright assignment papers and my request for a second review, since
> I had introduced the regression in the first place.  The copyright
> papers are done as Joseph confirmed in the thread, so a second review
> is pending.

Please add any blockers here:
http://sourceware.org/glibc/wiki/Release/2.18#Release_Blockers.3F

> I'd also like the string benchmark port[2][3] to be included in 2.18.
> Andreas Jaeger has already acked the first part of the patch, so the
> other two are pending review.  The second one is large, but
> mechanical.

Andreas, Do you have time to review the rest of this?

> And finally there's my patch to set/restore rounding modes only when
> it is necessary[4].  That almost fixes the performance regression we
> introduced in the default case by setting and restoring rounding modes
> in some functions.

Joseph, Do you have time to review the rest of this?

> I may work on the clock() precision and dlsym bugs this week too, but
> I don't consider them blockers for 2.19.

OK.

> It would also be nice if someone could run through the other patches
> pending review and notify submitters to hold on to the patch and
> resubmit for 2.19 or justify blocking 2.18 for its inclusion.

I don't know that any of those patches, aside from multiarch PPC32
support, warrants waiting.

Cheers,
Carlos.