Re: Tracking patch pings

On Wednesday 15 May 2013 17:28:04 Mike Frysinger wrote:
> On Wednesday 15 May 2013 17:20:10 Joseph S. Myers wrote:
> > To raise more visibly something I mentioned in another thread:
> >
> > Should we have some system for tracking patches that are pending review,
> > especially those that have been pinged?  For example, there could be a
> > list on the wiki page for the current release cycle of patches believed
> > to be ready for review and the contribution checklist could say to add
> > your patch there when pinging it.  (Ideally we'd have people who
> > specifically try to keep a lookout for unreviewed patches and add them
> > to the list after a week even if not pinged.)
>
> or use patchwork ?
> http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/
>
> looks like they're handling gcc-patches already.  and they have the
> infrastructure.  all we have to do is ask them to turn it on and see how it
> goes ? :)

i've started a conversation with them for creating a glibc project.  two
questions:
 - do we want to merge the patches in libc-alpha and libc-ports into a single
glibc project ?  or do we want the patch tracker to also be two sep projects ?
 - is it possible to manually subscribe an e-mail to the list so as to bypass
the confirmation step ?
-mike