This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] Fix stack overflow in getaddrinfo with many results
- From: Siddhesh Poyarekar <siddhesh at redhat dot com>
- To: Andreas Schwab <schwab at suse dot de>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2013 18:38:54 +0530
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Fix stack overflow in getaddrinfo with many results
- References: <mvm4nfnai0u dot fsf at hawking dot suse dot de>
On Wed, Apr 03, 2013 at 02:57:37PM +0200, Andreas Schwab wrote:
> Since struct sort_results is rather big this can overflow the stack
> pretty fast.
> [BZ #15330]
> * sysdeps/posix/getaddrinfo.c (getaddrinfo): Allocate results and
> order arrays from heap if bigger than alloca cutoff.
Looks fine to me.