This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: ChangeLog entry complexity
- From: Petr Baudis <pasky at ucw dot cz>
- To: Roland McGrath <roland at hack dot frob dot com>
- Cc: Carlos O'Donell <carlos at redhat dot com>, Ondřej Bílka <neleai at seznam dot cz>, libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2013 17:46:24 +0100
- Subject: Re: ChangeLog entry complexity
- References: <20130224085129 dot GA5898 at domone dot kolej dot mff dot cuni dot cz> <20130311132836 dot GA6016 at domone dot kolej dot mff dot cuni dot cz> <20130311162425 dot DAD282C083 at topped-with-meat dot com> <20130311174341 dot GA28265 at domone dot kolej dot mff dot cuni dot cz> <20130311174940 dot 0E0512C08D at topped-with-meat dot com> <513E4924 dot 4010500 at redhat dot com> <20130311214322 dot GC31274 at machine dot or dot cz> <20130311214635 dot 5B9D32C08F at topped-with-meat dot com>
On Mon, Mar 11, 2013 at 02:46:35PM -0700, Roland McGrath wrote:
> My feeling is that it's a pretty good proxy for the level of attention to
> detail that we want to instill in all our contributors anyway. So I think
> the idea that being loose about this usefully lowers the barrier to entry
> for new contributors is a false economy.
I disagree with the opinion that requiring to do something just for the
sake of proving "the level of attention to detail" is good economy, but
I respect the current consensus and I'm satisfied that the tradition
is re-evaluated time by time.
Petr "Pasky" Baudis