This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH roland/libc_fatal-no-syslog] Do not call syslog in __libc_message.
- From: Roland McGrath <roland at hack dot frob dot com>
- To: Russ Allbery <rra at stanford dot edu>
- Cc: "GNU C. Library" <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2013 15:35:17 -0700 (PDT)
- Subject: Re: [PATCH roland/libc_fatal-no-syslog] Do not call syslog in __libc_message.
- References: <20130320215737 dot 556EA2C077 at topped-with-meat dot com> <871ub9emla dot fsf at windlord dot stanford dot edu>
I don't doubt that catching such cases is useful.
libc is just not the right place to do it.
If there is an actual crash, then you can set print-fatal-signals
or you can install something fancy with core_pattern=|fancy-thing.
There is no shortage of such fancy things around nowadays.