This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] [V3] gettextize some overlooked option arguments
- From: Roland McGrath <roland at hack dot frob dot com>
- To: Benno Schulenberg <bensberg at justemail dot net>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2013 15:05:17 -0700 (PDT)
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] [V3] gettextize some overlooked option arguments
- References: <1363376983 dot 18972 dot 140661204901609 dot 001AA25D at webmail dot messagingengine dot com> <20130315201115 dot 42DA12C0B7 at topped-with-meat dot com> <1363383892 dot 5544 dot 140661204923993 dot 266745AF at webmail dot messagingengine dot com> <20130315221340 dot ED7682C0B9 at topped-with-meat dot com> <1363436771 dot 29169 dot 140661205118925 dot 0EA0077A at webmail dot messagingengine dot com> <20130317092752 dot 0FB642C091 at topped-with-meat dot com> <1363547826 dot 28775 dot 140661205522249 dot 5FAC6F59 at webmail dot messagingengine dot com> <20130318212050 dot CB1842C07C at topped-with-meat dot com> <1363719450 dot 30081 dot 140661206477613 dot 0EAE9C4A at webmail dot messagingengine dot com> <20130319192545 dot A3D2E2C08A at topped-with-meat dot com> <1363729815 dot 30502 dot 140661206548041 dot 190EBC03 at webmail dot messagingengine dot com>
> On Tue, Mar 19, 2013, at 20:25, Roland McGrath wrote:
> > I did give credit for the report in the log entry.
> Not enough. Why did i go to the trouble of making a patch?
I really don't know why you went to the trouble of sending a patch when
you are not willing to meet the requirements of contributing changes to
the project directly. In fact, I did not actually use your patch at
all. The exchange with you alerted me to the issue, and I then grepped
the source tree for instances and fixed them all myself in one sitting.
Nonetheless, we endeavor to make people who report bugs in libc feel
appreciated for doing so, and I have now amended the ChangeLog to help
you feel appreciated since this is apparently so important to you.
As long as you refuse to file a copyright assignment, in future please
confine yourself to reporting problems and do not attempt to contribute
changes directly. Just reporting problems clearly is a very important
contribution and we appreciate all such contributions greatly.