This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] New functions pthread_attr_[sg]et_default_np for default thread attributes
- From: Siddhesh Poyarekar <siddhesh at redhat dot com>
- To: Rich Felker <dalias at aerifal dot cx>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2013 20:18:01 +0530
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] New functions pthread_attr_[sg]et_default_np for default thread attributes
- References: <20130314122003 dot GY22471 at spoyarek dot pnq dot redhat dot com> <20130319135429 dot GO20323 at brightrain dot aerifal dot cx>
On Tue, Mar 19, 2013 at 09:54:30AM -0400, Rich Felker wrote:
> I think adding any type of global state like this is harmful. Global
> state should be removed, not added. Aside from that principle, there
I have not added any global state. The default_attr is already
present as a global state. The API functions I provide to manipulate
it don't really make the problem any worse.