This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Are M_ARENA_MAX and M_ARENA_TEST public mallopt parameters?
- From: Siddhesh Poyarekar <siddhesh at redhat dot com>
- To: "Carlos O'Donell" <carlos at redhat dot com>
- Cc: GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>, Roland McGrath <roland at hack dot frob dot com>
- Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2013 09:21:37 +0530
- Subject: Re: Are M_ARENA_MAX and M_ARENA_TEST public mallopt parameters?
- References: <email@example.com>
On Thu, Mar 14, 2013 at 03:08:03PM -0400, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
> In malloc/malloc.c I see:
> #ifdef PER_THREAD
> /* Non public mallopt parameters. */
> Yet in malloc/malloc.h I see:
> /* mallopt options that actually do something */
> #define M_ARENA_TEST -7
> #define M_ARENA_MAX -8
> So which is it? Public? Private?
Should be public IMO.
> Do we document M_ARENA_TEST and M_ARENA_MAX and make them
> work as expected?
They ought to work as expected already, so the only thing to do
probably is to document them. But TBH, I have only tested the
environment variable in the past and that has worked well.