This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [COMMITTED] Remove references to i386-pc-linux-gnu from INSTALLand manual.
- From: "Carlos O'Donell" <carlos at redhat dot com>
- To: GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2013 21:21:37 -0400
- Subject: Re: [COMMITTED] Remove references to i386-pc-linux-gnu from INSTALLand manual.
- References: <513FD2CC.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 03/12/2013 09:13 PM, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
> Given that we've all agreed that i386 is no longer
> officially supported, and that we already removed it
> from the list of supported targets with adae8f5e
> by Joseph in 2012-04-27, this patch removes the last
> traces of i386-pc-linux-gnu from INSTALL and manual
> recommendations. Instead update the example to talk
> about i686 and i586.
> Verified manual builds and looks good.
> Checked in.
> 2013-03-12 Carlos O'Donell <email@example.com>
> * INSTALL: Mention i686 and i586.
> * manual/install.texi (Configuring and compiling): Likewise.
Should actually be this:
* manual/install.texi (Configuring and compiling):
Mention i686 and i585.
* INSTALL: Regenerate.