This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Ping: [PATCH v4] faster strlen on x64
- From: "Carlos O'Donell" <carlos at systemhalted dot org>
- To: Ondřej Bílka <neleai at seznam dot cz>
- Cc: Andreas Jaeger <aj at suse dot com>, libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2013 18:23:57 -0500
- Subject: Re: Ping: [PATCH v4] faster strlen on x64
- References: <20130213113840.GA7781@domone.kolej.mff.cuni.cz><20130225131631.GA12740@domone.kolej.mff.cuni.cz><CAHjhQ90kKxOfg4euCN-Qgfx6tuUsHzjFZwpwb5LhJaPHf6h5QA@mail.gmail.com><20130228131920.GB7715@domone.kolej.mff.cuni.cz><CAHjhQ904X0vHxikfMWnU-koPf1QcC2+cEeTgc0akascf1yW6CQ@mail.gmail.com><CAHjhQ93mKu-S30nd55dYGYGFLPbvHx-gce-paA5nrECU3DidnA@mail.gmail.com><20130305173915.GA16349@domone><20130306210004.GA19915@domone.kolej.mff.cuni.cz><5137B46D.email@example.com><20130306223738.GA20364@domone.kolej.mff.cuni.cz>
On Wed, Mar 6, 2013 at 5:37 PM, OndÅej BÃlka <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> I estimate that if I will did not hold back patches I would have around
> hundred in flight and ping them each week.
I encourage you to do the following:
* Ping your patches. However, flooding the list with pings will not help.
Please be respectful. Choose one patch and see it through to commit.
* Work to gather consensus from the interested parties. You should get
consensus from Dmitrieva Liubov, and the new machine maintainers
for x86; which are now Andreas, and myself.
* Assist in reviewing other patches, such that other reviewers are
freed up to review your patches. This will also help other developers
gain confidence in your abilities and build trust.
* Get involved in the effort to build a microbenchmark framework in glibc.
Siddhesh Poyarekar has started the effort here:
Your experience would really help. We need an integrated and
reproducible way to measure the performance impact of code changes.