This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Ping: [PATCH v4] faster strlen on x64
- From: OndÅej BÃlka <neleai at seznam dot cz>
- To: Andreas Jaeger <aj at suse dot com>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2013 23:37:38 +0100
- Subject: Re: Ping: [PATCH v4] faster strlen on x64
- References: <20130213113840.GA7781@domone.kolej.mff.cuni.cz><20130225131631.GA12740@domone.kolej.mff.cuni.cz><CAHjhQ90kKxOfg4euCN-Qgfx6tuUsHzjFZwpwb5LhJaPHf6h5QA@mail.gmail.com><20130228131920.GB7715@domone.kolej.mff.cuni.cz><CAHjhQ904X0vHxikfMWnU-koPf1QcC2+cEeTgc0akascf1yW6CQ@mail.gmail.com><CAHjhQ93mKu-S30nd55dYGYGFLPbvHx-gce-paA5nrECU3DidnA@mail.gmail.com><20130305173915.GA16349@domone><20130306210004.GA19915@domone.kolej.mff.cuni.cz><5137B46D.email@example.com>
On Wed, Mar 06, 2013 at 10:26:05PM +0100, Andreas Jaeger wrote:
> On 03/06/2013 10:00 PM, OndÅej BÃlka wrote:
> >On Tue, Mar 05, 2013 at 06:39:15PM +0100, OndÅej BÃlka wrote:
> >>I uploaded results to my page.
> >>If nobody has objection I will commit it tomorrow.
> Ondrej, I feel ashamed that nobody had time to review your patches in time.
> Still, our rules ask for review by somebody else and thus I'm
> surprised by your commit. Silent approval ("if nobody objects")
> without any kind of review and approval is not the way to go.
It served purpose of deadlines to get (late I expected someone
would answer sooner) response.
> Please revert the patch and let's give it a proper review with
> explicit aprovals before you commit!
> I'll do a first review now.
> Next time if nobody reviews your submission, please ask gently again
> and again...
I estimate that if I will did not hold back patches I would have around
hundred in flight and ping them each week.