This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH][ppc] Use generic mpa.c code for everything except __sqrand __mul
- From: "Ryan S. Arnold" <ryan dot arnold at gmail dot com>
- To: Siddhesh Poyarekar <siddhesh at redhat dot com>
- Cc: libc-alpha <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>, "Ryan S. Arnold" <rsa at us dot ibm dot com>
- Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2013 12:15:29 -0600
- Subject: Re: [PATCH][ppc] Use generic mpa.c code for everything except __sqrand __mul
- References: <20130221104222.GE7508@spoyarek.pnq.redhat.com><20130228060358.GD28148@spoyarek.pnq.redhat.com><20130306101231.GD20283@spoyarek.pnq.redhat.com>
On Wed, Mar 6, 2013 at 4:12 AM, Siddhesh Poyarekar <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 28, 2013 at 11:33:58AM +0530, Siddhesh Poyarekar wrote:
>> On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 04:12:22PM +0530, Siddhesh Poyarekar wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> > Here's a patch that applies on top of all the patches I've posted so
>> > far to make the powerpc mpa.c use much of the generic mpa.c,
>> > overriding only the __mul and __sqr functions since the powerpc
>> > implementation of those functions currrently need to be different. I
>> > have compared the generated code using objdump to verify that the
>> > generated code does not change in powerpc due to this. The only thing
>> > that changes is the order of function definition in the binary between
>> > __dvd and __sqr.
>> > The intent of doing this is to ensure that only functions that are
>> > really necessary to be powerpc-only remain duplicated and everything
>> > else is common code.
>> > Siddhesh
This is fine. Thanks.