This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [ping2][PATCH][ppc] Use intermediate var for exponent in __muland __sqr
- From: "Ryan S. Arnold" <ryan dot arnold at gmail dot com>
- To: Siddhesh Poyarekar <siddhesh at redhat dot com>
- Cc: libc-alpha <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>, "Ryan S. Arnold" <rsa at us dot ibm dot com>
- Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2013 11:22:10 -0600
- Subject: Re: [ping2][PATCH][ppc] Use intermediate var for exponent in __muland __sqr
- References: <20130221125721.GA6495@spoyarek.pnq.redhat.com><20130228060536.GE28148@spoyarek.pnq.redhat.com><20130306101318.GE20283@spoyarek.pnq.redhat.com>
On Wed, Mar 6, 2013 at 4:13 AM, Siddhesh Poyarekar <email@example.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 28, 2013 at 11:35:36AM +0530, Siddhesh Poyarekar wrote:
>> On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 06:27:22PM +0530, Siddhesh Poyarekar wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> > Attached patch uses an intermediate variable similar to the generic
>> > code to calculate the exponent. In __mul the resulting code is a
>> > little more compact since the earlier code resulted in two copies of
>> > load instructions to load EX and EY. In __sqr the result is better
>> > since an additional store is eliminated.
>> > OK to commit?
This is fine.