This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] BZ#15235: Fix spurious underlfows for expl ldbm-128ibm
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Adhemerval Zanella <azanella at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: "GNU C. Library" <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2013 16:29:14 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] BZ#15235: Fix spurious underlfows for expl ldbm-128ibm
- References: <51373A37.email@example.com>
On Wed, 6 Mar 2013, Adhemerval Zanella wrote:
> This patch corrects spurious underflow exceptions generated by
> expl(-744.44006192138126231410729844608163411L) for ldbl-128ibm.
> The spurious underflow exceptions is generated when the result
> is scaled back with subnormal number multiplication. It follows
> the dbl-64 implementation by temporary disabling the exception
> generation in the scale multiplication.
> Any tips, comments, advices?
As discussed in Bugzilla, the exceptions are not spurious; it would be a
bug to be missing them.
Joseph S. Myers