This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [patch] Cleanup: don't call free(NULL) unnecessarily
- From: Andreas Schwab <schwab at linux-m68k dot org>
- To: Paul Pluzhnikov <ppluzhnikov at google dot com>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org, ahh at google dot com
- Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2013 23:23:01 +0100
- Subject: Re: [patch] Cleanup: don't call free(NULL) unnecessarily
- References: <email@example.com>
Paul Pluzhnikov <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> Glibc free(NULL) also works in signal context, but end user could supply
> his own malloc/free, which may not.
I don't understand the reference to signal context. free (0) is trivial
to implement, independent of context.
Andreas Schwab, email@example.com
GPG Key fingerprint = 58CA 54C7 6D53 942B 1756 01D3 44D5 214B 8276 4ED5
"And now for something completely different."