This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Support for i386 builds of glibc?
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Carlos O'Donell <carlos at redhat dot com>
- Cc: GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2013 18:02:41 +0000
- Subject: Re: Support for i386 builds of glibc?
- References: <5134DD1D.email@example.com>
On Mon, 4 Mar 2013, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
> So the question I have to ask myself is: Are we willing to support
> i386 builds of glibc? Why? Why not?
At least for Linux (I don't know about Hurd), I don't think it has ever
worked for NPTL (because of __sync_* operations that are only implemented
for i486 and above), and since the Linux kernel has removed i386 support I
don't think it would be worth trying to add such support back to glibc.
Joseph S. Myers