This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] BZ#13889: expl (709.75) wrongly overflows for ldbl-128ibm
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Adhemerval Zanella <azanella at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: "GNU C. Library" <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2013 15:50:11 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] BZ#13889: expl (709.75) wrongly overflows for ldbl-128ibm
- References: <5134A6D4.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Mon, 4 Mar 2013, Adhemerval Zanella wrote:
> It also corrects spurious underflow exceptions generated with subnormal number
> multiplication. I followed the dbl-64 implementation that does pretty much the
> same with SET_RESTORE_ROUND macro.
Does this underflow issue show up with the specific overflow testcase that
you add? If not, it's a separate bug, and should have its own report in
Bugzilla and its own patch (with a testcase added if one isn't already in
the testsuite) separate from that for bug 13889.
Joseph S. Myers