This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [COMMITTED PATCH] Fix NEED_DL_SYSINFO_DSO conditionals.
- From: "Carlos O'Donell" <carlos at redhat dot com>
- To: Roland McGrath <roland at hack dot frob dot com>
- Cc: "GNU C. Library" <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 01 Mar 2013 18:22:03 -0500
- Subject: Re: [COMMITTED PATCH] Fix NEED_DL_SYSINFO_DSO conditionals.
- References: <20130301224658.4F7492C074@topped-with-meat.com>
On 03/01/2013 05:46 PM, Roland McGrath wrote:
> All the checks on NEED_DL_SYSINFO_DSO were actually checking
> NEED_DL_SYSINFO || NEED_DL_SYSINFO_DSO, which makes no sense.
> I cleaned them up. This can have no effect on existing configurations
> because sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/dl-sysdep.h defines NEED_DL_SYSINFO_DSO
> Verified no text changes in ld.so or libc.so on x86_64-linux-gnu.
Thanks for this.
This had confused me considerably when I looked at the vDSO support
for i686, and I just thought maybe I was dumb, and didn't bother
to go through the exercise of verifying this.