This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH v2] Set default stack size from program environment
- From: Siddhesh Poyarekar <siddhesh dot poyarekar at gmail dot com>
- To: "Carlos O'Donell" <carlos at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Siddhesh Poyarekar <siddhesh at redhat dot com>, Roland McGrath <roland at hack dot frob dot com>, libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2013 14:16:09 +0530
- Subject: Re: [PATCH v2] Set default stack size from program environment
- References: <20130115100110.GL7894@spoyarek.pnq.redhat.com><20130117000752.EFE8D2C0BC@topped-with-meat.com><20130205130832.GG19791@spoyarek.pnq.redhat.com><51301FB2.email@example.com>
On 1 March 2013 08:55, Carlos O'Donell <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> In summary I this patch is OK with the following changes:
> - Use GLIBC_PTHREAD_DEFAULT_STACKSIZE.
> - Fix strtoul usage.
> - Comment in test case about false positive PASS and how to fix it.
Done. I've added this in NEWS:
* Add support for setting thread stack sizes from the program environment,
independently of the process stack size using the
GLIBC_PTHREAD_DEFAULT_STACKSIZE environment variable.
> Please work on a manual change ASAP to document the new env-var.
> We can't expect people to use this without documentation.
I'll post it soon.