This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [COMMITTED PATCH] Remove a lot of inline keywords
- From: David Miller <davem at davemloft dot net>
- To: roland at hack dot frob dot com
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2013 18:15:07 -0500 (EST)
- Subject: Re: [COMMITTED PATCH] Remove a lot of inline keywords
- References: <20130207230410.1401E2C098@topped-with-meat.com>
From: Roland McGrath <email@example.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2013 15:04:10 -0800 (PST)
> In general, I think we should eschew the inline keyword entirely when used
> alone. If it really matters that something be inlined, it needs
> always_inline. Otherwise we should leave optimization decisions to the
> compiler unless there is a particular strong reason in an individual case.
> Any such cases should have clear comments saying why the explicit inline
> is desireable.