This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] ARM: Fix transitional issues with ld.so.cache.
- From: Steve McIntyre <steve dot mcintyre at linaro dot org>
- To: Carlos O'Donell <carlos at redhat dot com>
- Cc: libc-ports at sourceware dot org, GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>,"Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>,Brendan Conoboy <blc at redhat dot com>
- Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2013 12:44:16 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] ARM: Fix transitional issues with ld.so.cache.
- References: <511337DE.email@example.com>
On Thu, Feb 07, 2013 at 12:13:02AM -0500, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
>The patch does the following:
>(a) Adds FLAG_ARM_LIBSF as a new ldconfig flag and adjusts
> the verbose cache printout to list `,soft-float' when
> this flag is set and distinguishing from "Don't know."
>(b) Sets FLAG_ARM_LIBSF for any object with the ELF flag
>(c) Expands the conditions in _dl_cache_check to allow
> hard-float and soft-float dynamic loaders to load
> unmarked don't know / don't care objects.
Looks spot-on to me, thanks. It's exactly the same method I was going
to propose for the fix. I've not (yet) built and tested directly
myself, but it sounds like your own testing is good for that.
I'd also +1 the request to add this to a stable release as a clear bug
Steve McIntyre firstname.lastname@example.org
<http://www.linaro.org/> Linaro.org | Open source software for ARM SoCs