This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Should undefined symbols in sysv hash table be ignored in do_lookup_x?
- From: Roland McGrath <roland at hack dot frob dot com>
- To: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- Cc: GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2013 14:27:48 -0800 (PST)
- Subject: Re: Should undefined symbols in sysv hash table be ignored in do_lookup_x?
- References: <CAMe9rOq+9dfE9gxswL3s=tQONWs9xifddWQ+jY0Bprfirstname.lastname@example.org>
Can you demonstrate any user-visible effect of this? I thought it implied
that lookup could go awry if there were an object with only DT_HASH and no
DT_GNU_HASH with a SHN_UNDEF symbol of a given name that's earlier in the
search order than the object that actually defines that name. But I tried
a simple test case and that does not seem to be so.