Re: Development timeline for glibc 2.17 (code freeze in one week!)

On Mon, Oct 29, 2012 at 10:43 PM, Andrew Pinski <pinskia@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 29, 2012 at 6:31 AM, Carlos O'Donell
> <carlos@systemhalted.org> wrote:
>> Community,
>>
>> The current glibc 2.17 release process timeline [1] is as follows:
>>
>> November:
>> 1st week - Freeze. Testing starts.
>> 2nd week - Send the updated libc.pot upstream for translation.
>> 3rd week - More testing.
>> 4th week - Tag 2.17 and update POT.
>>
>> December:
>> 1st week - Release 2.17.
>>
>> Does anyone have any comments or concerns?
>
> I hope the aarch64 port can make it before the release.  I don't have
> a link to the patch though.

Andrew,

That would be very nice, but unfortunately we haven't seen much movement
from the original submitter in response to Joseph's review or my questions
about copyright.

Marcus,

Can you update us on your status with AArch64? Do you estimate you will
have enough time to work on the submission so it's a part of 2.17? We
can push the freeze out, but we need an acknowledgement from those who
are going to do the work.

For example we pushed out 2.16 to allow for the new x32 port, but H.J.
did a *great* job being responsive with the patches, testing changes,
and integrating revisions and reviews.

Cheers,
Carlos.