Re: Document va_copy in preference to __va_copy

On Fri, Jul 20, 2012 at 7:19 PM, Joseph S. Myers
<joseph@codesourcery.com> wrote:
> The glibc manual documents __va_copy, a GNU extension, rather than
> va_copy, a standard C99 feature.  I propose this patch to prefer
> va_copy in the documentation and only refer to __va_copy as a
> secondary matter, since I don't think compatibility with compilers
> before GCC 3.0 is particularly relevant to most readers of this manual
> now.  (Note that nowadays the GNU Coding Standards allow relying on
> C99 features.)
>
> Tested with "make info" and "make pdf".
>
> 2012-07-20  Joseph Myers  <joseph@codesourcery.com>
>
>         * manual/lang.texi (__va_copy): Document primarily as ISO C99
>         va_copy.  Document allowing for unavailable va_copy only as
>         pre-C99 compatibility.
>         * manual/string.texi (Copying and Concatenation): Use va_copy
>         instead of __va_copy in concat example.

This looks good to me and matches what is already in the
linux manpage for va_copy.

The manpage actually says "Some systems that do not supply
va_copy() have __va_copy instead, since that was the name
used in the draft proposal."

Cheers,
Carlos.