Re: Fix ctan, ctanh of subnormals in round-upwards mode (bug 14328)

On 07/08/2012 05:17 PM, Joseph S. Myers wrote:

> Actually I noted that sqrt (epsilon) is really what's relevant here (just
> not convenient to write generically), so you might as well use DBL_EPSILON
> or 0xp1-53L or similar.
>
> I'd say such constants are better written as hex floats, 0x1p-106L in this
> case (any floating-point constant where you intend an exact bit pattern
> for a particular floating-point format is better written as a hex float
> unless there is a short exact decimal expansion for it).

Thanks for the review, I'll rewrite the epsilon constant as hexa format, but I think
it is best to keep the ldbl-128ibm implementation close to the one you already committed,
instead of fix the spurious overflow using another logic. Don't you think?

--
Adhemerval Zanella Netto
  Software Engineer