This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Tagged trunk for 2.16.
- From: "Carlos O'Donell" <carlos at systemhalted dot org>
- To: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2012 15:09:10 -0400
- Subject: Re: Tagged trunk for 2.16.
- References: <20120630183606.GA31912@lios>
On Sat, Jun 30, 2012 at 2:36 PM, Carlos O'Donell
> I have tagged glibc and glibc-ports for the 2.16 release.
> The full release will be out shourtly.
> Master will not reopen for development until the ports merge is complete.
In an attempt to document and carry out the instructions step-by-step
to verify their correctness I made a mistake here.
The current glibc-2.16 tag points to a commit that represents master
*without* the version.h or include/features.h changes required for it
to be called 2.16.
I've adjusted the instructions on the wiki Release page to prevent
this from happening again.
The steps I will take to correct this are:
* Commit changes to version.h and include/features.h to make master become 2.16.
* Tag master with glibc-2.16.0.
* Release from glibc-2.16.0 tag.
* Branch 2.16 stable from glibc-2.16.0 tag.
* Master will *not* be changed back to 2.16.90 until after the ports
merge is complete.
Sorry for the additional tag.
I appreciate your patience as I get the process documented.